Report and photos kindly sent in by Gerry Frobisher:
Penmaenmawr Sailing Club, celebrating their 50th Anniversary in 2012,held its Annual Dinner and Prize Giving Awards Ceremony at Conwy Golf Club.
- The Phil Davies Cup – Sailing Captains Alice Frobisher & Calvin Kopec (Dart 18)
- The Presidents Cup (Tally Race) – Glenn Williams and Calvin Kopec (Hobie 18)
- The Treforris Cup (P1000 Marathon) – Glenn Williams and Calvin Kopec (Hobie 18)
- The Warren Petch Trophy (Puffin Island Race) – Mike Robertshaw (Dart 15)
- The RNLI Trophy – Mike Robertshaw (Dart 15)
- The Jack Davies Cup (Handicap Series) – Mike Robertshaw (Dart 15)
- The Masters Trophy – Ian Dudley and Malcolm Wright
- The Mack-Williams Progression Trophy to George Weis
- The Lead Hat for the most spectacular Capsize of the season was presented to Alice Frobisher and Yvonne Wade (Dart 18).
- The Merit Mug for her work on sponsorships for the Club and obtaining a Grant for £1,500 Clubs Junior Section to Lucy Weis.
- A special mention went to Alice Frobisher who had secured a grant of £595 from Arian I’r Ifanc/Cash For Youth at Conwy Voluntary Services Council, for new radios for the junior Section.
Bouquets of flowers were presented by the Commodore and Vice-President to the Ladies of the Club Jash Kopec, Lucy Weis, Sue Petch, Katie Warburton, Sharon Frobisher, Mandy Williams, Liz Petch, Gwen Jones, Yvonne Wade, Sian Dudley, Alma Butterworth and Amanda Titheridge for all their hard work and commitment to the Club.
Special gifts were presented by the Commodore and Vice President to the Men of the Club Mark Stafford, Glenn Williams, Calvin Kopek, Gerry Frobisher, Brian Butterworth, Bryan Wilcock, Mark Butterworth and Craig Petch for their commitment to the Club during 2011. Special thanks were given by Glenn Williams to Gerry Frobisher for his Guard Boat duties.
A special thanks went to Alice Frobisher who raised £230.00 by selling raffle tickets during the evening.
Picture 2 – The Phil Davies Cup – Calvin Kopec, Bernard Carter,
Alice Frobisher, Gerry Frobisher
Picture 10 – The Ladies
Picture 11 – The Men