Last night with howling wind, rattling shutters, heating on full tilt, coffee and cookies at the ready (thanks Bernard), the first PSC committee meeting of 2014 opened with a full agenda that promises a terrific Sailing and Social year ahead.
- First item on the agenda – Sing Happy Birthday to Bernard our Vice President. Having reached the ripe young age of 80 we congratulated him and wished him many happy returns. We tried to give him ‘the bumps’ too, but he fought us off with his walking stick. ‘Get in touch’ if you would like to send him a message.
- Gerhart is considering two menus and venues for the PSC Committee Annual Dinner. If you fancy coming along ‘Get in touch’ we’ll send you the details as soon as they are confirmed.
- Mark the Sailing Captain is drawing up a Sailing Program with a ‘new format’ for 2014. ‘Get in touch’ if you would like a copy sent by email as soon as it’s ready!
- You are invited to take part in the largest sailing event in the world – ‘Barts Bash‘. Mandy has registered the club into this huge sailing event, ‘Get in touch’ if you would like to know more.
- Mandy is finalising details of the Club Socials Program which includes a social tied into ‘Barts Bash’. If you would like to suggest or organise a social please ‘Get in touch’.
- The RYA has certified the club as a Recognised RYA Training Centre for 2014. Glenn is the ‘Registered Principle’ ‘Get in touch’ if you would like to join a course.
- There is a Ring-fenced fund with the objective of raising £8k towards a new guard boat. Fund raising ideas and contributions are enthusiastically accepted – please ‘Get in touch’.
- Bernard is already hitting the phone drumming up support from sponsors. Any members who can suggest or arrange additional Advertising Sponsors for the 2014 PSC Handbook would be greatly appreciated, simply ‘Get in touch’ to let us know.
Please get in touch on any PSC 2014 topic here…
[contact-form-7 id=”2337″ title=”Contact form 1″]